PRIVATE & GROUP SURFING LESSONS
Want to learn how to surf or improve your surfing? At Pure Life Surf School, we don't just teach you how to surf - we teach you how to be a good surfer! All of our instructors are amazing athletes that have been teaching people how to surf all over the world. Our private surfing lessons are a great personalized approached to learning how to surf.
One on one, you will be paired up with one of our C.P.R./First Aid Certified instructors with years of surfing experience. They will cover a range of topics from surfing fundamentals to ocean safety. Each lesson is tailored to your current skill and experience level to help you gain a surfing experience like no other. Our curriculum is second to none. Don't make the mistake of choosing a low cost in experienced surf school. We are simple the best place to learn how to surf in Daytona Beach. We have the best instructors and provide the best surf lesson experience. So come and learn how to surf with us. Our Daytona Beach Surf Lesson are offered year round.
Private Lessons (1-2 people) $65 per person
Group Lessons (3 or more) $60 per person
Duration: 90 mins.
CHECK OUT OUR REVIEWS
PHOTO & VIDEO (optional)
- Photo Disc: Minimum of 20 high-res surfing photos - $40
- Video: A video of you or your group's lesson - $45
- Photo & Video combo package - $75
NOTE: PHOTO & VIDEO BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. PLEASE BOOK
WHEN SCHEDULING YOUR LESSON
Locations: Frank Rendon Park
2705 South Atlantic Ave..
Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118
4109 South Atlantic Ave..
Wilbur By the Sea, FL 32127
(Wilbur is a small town just south of Daytona Beach Shores)
Times: Sun-up to Sun-down, weather and surf permitting.By appointment only.
What to bring?: Water
What is provided? Surfboard
Wetsuit (if the water is cold)
Pure Life Surf School has researched and applied our surfing instruction techniques on hundreds of beginner and advanced surfers throughout the years. We have precisely narrowed down techniques when teaching fundamental steps when learning how to surf. Our 90 minute surfing instruction, surf lesson, surf class is broken down in 3 phases. These 3 phases are a perfect mix of hands on and hands off training.
- The first phase or Phase 1 being done on land. We go over proper positioning, important surfing terms and wave characteristics, identifying students' stance (Goofy/Regular), safety techniques, paddling and pop-up techniques. After we are comfortable with our students learning Phase 1 and safety, we then start the second portion of the surfing lesson.
- The second phase or Phase 2 begins with us paddling out to the surf break. We identify the line up, changes in the waves correlating to shallow and deep section in the sandbars or reef, and where and what the impact zone is. We teach our students how to properly sit on their boards and use leg techniques to turn when as we identify good waves for them to go on. We teach them fundamental characteristic of waves and the ocean. We are hands on at first, pushing students into waves after calling out or selecting a wave for them to go on. We instruct our students how to properly time out a wave, when to stand up as they drop into a wave, and remind them of their positioning.
- The third phase or Phase 3 of the lesson, is when the instructor takes more of a coaching approach. We will verbally coach our students on wave selection and timing. After a student goes for a wave and returns back to the line up, the instructor will break down the students' wave down for them. We take a construction criticism approach when critiquing our students. We are catching waves with our students and coaching them as they are standing or just watching. We will demonstrate and clearly break-down certain aspects that a student may need to work on. In the third phase of the lesson our students are catching their own waves.
Please read our:Surf Camp PolicyWe Accept Mastercard, Amex, Discover & Visa
Daytona Beach Surf Lessons:
Learning surfing in Daytona Beach is probably one of the best place to learn how to surf. The waves are generally small with frequent light wind, which makes the waves clean and glassy. Learning surfing with Pure Life Surf School by taking our Daytona Beach Surfing Lessons and Surf Camps is a great way to enjoy your visit to Daytona Beach. Our Daytona Beach Surf Lessons are the absolute best in our area for learning how to surf. Our Daytona Beach surf instruction and surfing classes are second to none. Our Daytona Beach surfing instruction not only prepares you to be a good surfer, but is the staring point to a life long passion. Please remember to do your research when selecting your Daytona Beach Surfing Lessons, Surf Classes, Surf Instruction or Surf Camp. There are a lot of schools that claim to be and give the best Daytona Beach Surfing Lessons, Surf Classes, and or Surf Instruction. We have the absolute best instructors and athletes with the most experience around.We offer Daytona Beach surfing lessons and surf instruction all year long. We also offer Puerto Rico surfing lessons and Costa Rica surfing lessons. If you have any questions or concerns about out Daytona Beach surf lessons, surf classes, surf camp, surf instruction, please feel free to give us a call or email.
Staying in Daytona Beach?
Also If you are wanting to stay in Daytona Beach for surfing lessons, surf classes, or enjoy our area's attractions please visit the official DaytonaBeach.com site for a list of great accommodations and things to do in our area
If you are staying in Daytona Beach and want to learn how to surf give us a call. We offer great Daytona Beach surf lessons, surf classes, surf instruction and surf camps. Do your research when learning how to surf in Daytona Beach. You will easily see that no other school compares to ours. No other Daytona Beach Surf School can compare the quality or level of our surf lessons, surf coaching, surf instruction, surf camp or surf classes.