2023 Summer Camp
May 29 – August 11
Kids Ages 7-16 look forward to our Daytona Beach Surf Camp all year long. We are a surf school that grew up surfing in Daytona Beach and Ponce Inlet. Our core values are instilled in our kids as we enhance their surfing skills, knowledge of their ocean environment, and surfing etiquette; especially when surfing crowded surf locations. Talk to any kid or parent that has ever been in our camp and see what they have to say. Our kids have a blast, meet new friends, and make memories at our summer camp! No other camp compares to the level of fun that is achieved at Pure Life Surf School.
A surfer’s style is the same as their fingerprint, no one person having the exact same fingerprint. Each surfer has a unique set of abilities that differ from one another. Our summer program is tailored to your surfer, based on his/her surfing experience. Our program combines verbal coaching in and out of the water, demonstration of maneuvers, and individual surfing critiques.
Parent To Parent
We are the most professional and experienced surf school around, and make safety our top priority. We have a 4 Student : 1 Instructor ratio, which ensures all of our students are receiving great, personalized surf coaching for their level of surfing ability. All of our instructors go through our comprehensive Pure Life Instructor Training Program and are CPR First Aid certified. Our instructors not only are incredible surfers, they are awesome role models as well. Surfboards are included in your child’s enrollment fee. They are welcome to bring their own surfboards, but will be responsible for transporting their surfboards each day. Your child’s safety is our number one concern, please rest assured that your child is always in great hands. Our reputation does proceed us, please read our reviews on Google and Trip Advisor, as we are top-rated!
What you need to know
What is Provided & What do you need to bring?
- Drinking Water Is Provided – Please have your child bring their reusable water bottle to fill up from our water coolers
- Bring Sunscreen – We sell our recommended all natural, reef-safe, mineral sunscreen AvaSol for your convenience. Click AvaSol to learn more or to purchase online
- SPRAY ON SUNSCREEN IS NOT PERMITTED at surf camp. Please click here to learn more about the toxic cancer causing properties of spray on sunscreen, and how to make better, healthier, and more eco-friendly sunscreen decisions
- Surfboards Are Provided – We provide surfboards, which are included in the cost of summer camp. Your child can bring their own surfboard, but will be required to transport it each day.
- Lunch Is Not Provided – Please have your surf camper bring a Lunch
- Free Group Photo – Every Friday each surf camper will receive a group picture
- Free Pure Life Swag – Every Friday surf campers receive Pure Life beach bags and other surf goodies
- Shade Is Provided – During our water breaks we take a break from the sun under our tents and during lunch
- 9:00am Attendance is taken, surf camp rules, announcements and surf conditions are discussed
- 9:05am Kids and teens are separated into yoga stretching circles
- 9:25am After yoga, Campers line up for group selection and are paired with their peers and instructor
- 9:35am We head down to the water and learn to surf. Surf coaching and instruction is done on land and in the ocean.
- 11:45am Lunch time, fun time, campers gather under our tents for lunch.
- 12:15am We gather our belongings, rinse off and then walk our campers for pick up.
- 12:30pm SUMMER CAMP ENDS. EXTENDED DAY BEGINS. Back down to the beach for more surfing!
- 1:35pm Kids get out of the water and gather their belongings. They head up to the top to rinse off and wait for pick up.
- NOTE: During the day we take periodic water and re-apply sunscreen breaks to ensure our campers are hydrated and sun protected.
Groups & Placement
We do separate our kids into different levels and groups depending on their age and ability. Each week we have a new set of surfers and we change our groups accordingly. We select groups on Mondays.
NOTE: We can accommodate kids that want to be in the same group as their friends or family.
Some surfers’ comfort levels vary. We always make sure our surfers are safe and comfortable. We generally have small waves all summer, and would never put our surfers in dangerous ocean surf. We feel our surfers out on the first day of camp. If a camper feels intimidated, we will make sure they are put into a group of their peers with the same comfort levels.
In case a thunderstorm pops up and or lightening is near, we take shelter under the main pavilion at the park. In case of anticipated bad weather such as a tropical storm we will cancel camp. A text message and email will be sent the night before. A make-up day will be issued to be used for any day during the summer. (2023 Summer Camp) We take shelter at The Shores Resort and Spa in a safe covered location inside the resort. We are constantly checking the radar and forecast to make sure our campers are always safe.
Required Uniform Rash Guard
Our uniform rash guards are bright neon green, This allows us to easily identify all of our campers at all times. Kids receive their uniform rash-guard on Monday when they start camp. Rash-guards are $20 and can be paid for when signing your surfer up online or on Monday morning. Kids keep their rash-guards and they can be used for other weeks.
Parents pack lunch Monday to Thursday. Friday is our end of the week surf camp celebration. Please give your child $10 for lunch on Friday as we have lunch catered. Surf campers will receive a free group photo and Pure Life goodies on Friday.
Enroll In Just 3 Easy Steps
Select Book Now
Pay For Camp
Fill Out Questionaire
35% tax credit
The childcare tax credit can apply to your summer camp enrollment fee
The credit is worth up to 35 percent of the qualifying costs for care, depending on your income. The limit is $3,000 of your total cost for the care of one qualifying person. If you pay for the care of two or more qualifying persons, you can claim up to $6,000 of your costs. Click on this IRS link for more information
Apply Here: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Dont-Overlook-the-Child-and-Dependent-Care-Tax-Credit
How Summer Camp Works
Kids Ages 7-16 look forward to our Daytona Beach Surf Camp all year long. We are a surf school that grew up surfing in Daytona Beach and Ponce Inlet. Our core values are instilled in our kids as we enhance their surfing skills, knowledge of their ocean environment, and surfing etiquette. Our kids have a blast, meet new friends, and make memories at our summer camp!